Saturday, 21 March 2020

Bridge Day 5

Having some free time owing to lock down I pottered about in the shed this morning. My problem was how to thread 2 mm wire rope through 2.5 mm holes to form the safety rail on the new bridge.



After considerable head scratching I came up with the following. A good covering of superglue over about a inch of the end and when dried cut off the end to form a nice clean end.

I tried several methods to cut the end and finally came up with my Dremel fitted with a thin cut off disc.


Now I set too and threaded the wire through the pre-drilled holes starting at the bottom row and from the middle. Now of course come's the next problem, how to butt join the ends



  

No comments:

Post a comment